Helping patients renew their vision with LASIK in Charleston and the surrounding area
“Practicing medicine is about loving what you do, treating every patient like family, and knowing that if you do your best, you can change people’s lives for the better.” —Kerry Solomon, MD
A Doctor You Can Trust
Kerry Solomon, MD has dedicated his over 20-year career to improving vision and performed the first LASIK procedure in South Carolina in 1996. He treats patients with a variety of vision conditions including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism (blurred vision), presbyopia (reading problems), and cataracts.
As a leader in the industry and ranked among the top 1% of ophthalmologists nationwide, Dr. Solomon is often selected by other eye doctors to perform their vision correction procedures .
Specialized Care & Advanced Technology
Dr. Solomon is committed to providing state-of-the-art technology including Blade-Free Custom LASIK using the most advanced Wavelight Refractive Suite technology. As the first ophthalmologist to bring excimer laser and LASIK technology to South Carolina, Dr. Solomon’s innovative approach to vision correction means patients can expect the newest technology to diagnose, measure and treat patients for LASIK and cataract surgery.
Dr. Solomon’s Professional Accomplishments
Dr. Solomon’s numerous and substantial contributions to research and teaching distinguish him from the majority of refractive surgeons in the United States.
- 2016 President of American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Director of the newly formed Carolina Eye Research Institute, focusing on a mission of bringing tomorrow’s technology today
- Principal investigator in over 10 FDA studies concerning the use of ophthalmic devices
- Professor of Ophthalmology at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Current Chief Medical Editor of the Refractive Surgery Quarterly, and serves as an editor and/or reviewer for several other ophthalmology journals
- Presented more than 500 lectures on research topics at major eye meetings
- Author of 65 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and more than 20 textbook chapters and/or books
- Producer of more than 30 surgical videos
To schedule a complimentary LASIK consultation and learn more about your vision correction options, contact Dr. Kerry Solomon’s LASIK Center at Carolina Eyecare Physicians at (843) 732-2020.
After evaluating the results of thorough diagnostic testing, patients will gain an understanding of the visual outcomes they can expect. With an exceptionally skilled LASIK doctor and state-of-the-art LASIK technology, Dr. Solomon’s patients achieve some of the most successful LASIK results in the country.
Dr. Solomon often recommends premium replacement lens implants for patients over the age of 45. These lens implants provide patients with a better chance to reclaim a full range of youthful vision with lessened dependence on reading glasses or bifocals.
An eye surgeon with Dr. Solomon’s expertise and reputation does not settle for offering “second best” care and service, and he does not expect you to settle for “second best.” Dr. Solomon’s patients enjoy a relaxed, spa-like atmosphere provided by attentive, highly-skilled and experienced team members. From the moment you walk in the door, the focus is on YOU…YOUR safety, YOUR comfort, YOUR convenience, and giving YOU the best possible results.
Dr. Kerry Solomon’s practice offers zero percent financing and other ways to make LASIK affordable for almost any budget!