Serving patients seeking cataract surgery with AcrySof ReSTOR, Crystalens and Toric IOLs in Boston, Stoneham and the surrounding area
Do you need cataract surgery to correct the cloudy eye lens that is causing your blurred vision? Are you overwhelmed by how many Boston cataract surgeons there are to choose from, and do not know which one to trust with your precious eyesight?
If so, you’re in luck, because the answer is simple: Go see Nilesh M. Sheth, MD, a premier cataract surgeon in Boston. Dr. Sheth of Sheth-Horsley Eye Center is the clear choice to perform your cataract surgery.
Here is why:
- Dr. Sheth is a board-certified ophthalmologist, or laser eye surgeon. Unlike optometrists who only perform general eye care services and are not trained in eye surgery, Dr. Sheth received advanced fellowship training in cornea and refractive surgery at Louisiana State University, home of the first laser vision correction procedure in the United States.
- Prior to completing the prestigious fellowship program, Dr. Sheth graduated from medical school with honors and was subsequently selected to serve as Chief Resident while fulfilling his residency in ophthalmology.
- Harvard Medical School entrusts Dr. Sheth with educating and training new ophthalmology residents at the renowned Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
- Dr. Sheth is a corneal specialist with a nearly non-existent complication rate.
- Sheth-Horsley Eye Center is equipped with the most advanced and accurate laser eye surgery technology, including the VISX Star S4 excimer laser system — one of the best on the market.
- Dr. Sheth offers an unparalleled range of premium lens implant options to fit your unique lifestyle, including: AcrySof astigmatism-correcting toric lenses, Crystalens, STAAR and TECNIS multifocal lenses to help you see well at multiple distances, among many others.
- He offers free consultations for certain refractive surgery procedures, including refractive lens exchange (RLE) for those with early-stage cataracts, as well as LASIK.
More About Cataract Surgery at Sheth-Horsley Eye Center
Dr. Sheth performs cataract surgery and other laser vision correction procedures at Avant LASIK Spa, a leading laser eye surgery center in the North Shore Boston area that is designed to make your surgical procedure seem like a spa treatment.
After administering topical anesthetic eye drops so you do not feel a thing throughout surgery, the Boston cataract surgeon starts the procedure by making a miniscule, self-sealing incision on the surface of the eye. He then uses a sophisticated process called phacoemulsification to break up the cataract-diseased eye lens before gently flushing the pieces out of the eye. Dr. Sheth replaces the removed lens with an artificial lens that will allow you to see clearly following surgery. Most patients report improved vision within hours of their cataract surgery.
If you are ready to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sheth to see why he is one of the best, contact Sheth-Horsley Eye Center by calling (800) 721-9932 now.