What Do Patients Say About Dr. Magruder?
“Dear Dr. Magruder Jr. and Team, your work is absolutely amazing! I now have 20/20 vision. Dr. Ross is excited about my progress, and I am amazed each time I open my eyes. Following the surgery, our grass and trees were the brightest, truest green I had seen in years! I was able to look down our hallway into our son’s room to see what he was watching on TV instead of asking.
I enjoyed working with each member of your team. The receptionists were friendly and polite, and Tamara was quite knowledgeable and did a great job putting me at ease! You and your surgical team were patient and kind. For these things and more, I say thank you!
Needless to say I have already made several referrals to your facility and wish you continued success! You and your staff are truly a blessed group of individuals!” —Joy K. Hughley
“I wanted to thank Dr. Magruder Jr. and his staff for my experience with my LaserVue surgery… Dr. Magruder and his staff went beyond my expectations from the first consultation. My experience at my first visit with Dr. Harris put me at ease and heightened by excitement about the procedure. My pre-op with Dr. Boodram eased any concerns and gave me trust in what would take place. The experience with Dr. Magruder on surgery day cemented the great experience.
On all my visits everyone on your staff I dealt with, be it for a few seconds to an hour, treated me the same. With positive energy and sincere interest in how I felt about the experience. You all have figured it out that the experience for a patient is beyond the actual surgery, it’s about making them feel part of the process and the adventure. When people ask me how the procedure went, I spend more time talking about how your staff made me feel vs. the actual surgery. Thanks a million.” —Pedro L. Faura
“Thank you very much for the miracle you have performed on my eyes! It is so amazing! I have decided that it is the little things that really make a difference and enhance my life:
- Being able to play with my one-year-old twin sons without having to protect my glasses, and also having them press their faces against mine, is heaven!
- Running through the rain without having to wipe water splotches and fog off my glasses.
- Pulling a shirt off my head without stopping to take glasses off… makes for faster shopping!
There are some definite downsides to having this wonderful vision, and in all fairness I do think I should mention them, too:
- As it turns out, I do not have matte finish on the tiles in my showers – I just have a lot of soap scum I never saw.
- With my new peripheral vision I am now able to actually look over my shoulder into a mirror and see my post-pregnancy backside. Ignorance is bliss!
- After the surgery, my husband asked me why the bridge of my nose was swollen. I had to explain that my nose was not swollen and that this is how I look without glasses! Watching him try and back-step out of that one was pretty amusing!
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate what you have given me. Ending a 17-year dependence on eyewear is pretty incredible. I am thrilled with the results!” —Mary Devine Canfield